Monday, January 1, 2018

1/1 Money Monday

I'm starting a few new 'sneaky' savings things.  The $5 Tin has been a success and I hope these will be, too.

*Dimes  Basically saving ALL dimes that cross your path.  According to Pinterest, a 2-liter full of dimes is between $500-700, depending on which pin you believe.  Either way, I don't carry change and won't miss the dime, so 'found' money.  I already save all change and deposit it a few times a year, but this is a dedicated vacation fund, not general savings fund.

*Twenties  Each pay day, I squirrel away a $20 bill.  I've done this one several times and it's nice to have a bit of a nest egg at Christmas time.  The key to this one is that nobody knows where it is, so it doesn't become a petty cash fund.

*$1 coins  I've noticed an increase in the number of $1 coins I come across.  I'm adding them to the $5 Tin.

For reference, rebates and coins added to savings last year totaled $337.93.  That does not include the $5 Tin.  Not too bad for 'extra' money.  I do want to increase that this year, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment