Monday, August 14, 2017

8/14 Money Monday

Received a $12 rebate check, which went straight to savings.

Target is running one of my favorite promos 'spend $20, get $5' on health/personal care.  I always take advantage of this, stocking the bathroom with toothpaste, toothbrushes, cotton balls, etc.  This time I had a $5 GC from the promo for spending $20 on kid clothes, so I spent $15 OOP, restocked needed supplies and have a $5 GC for later.

Our local trampoline park had a promo 'bring in a backpack with school supplies and get 2 hrs free jumping'.  I bought a backpack on sale from Walgreens, which is decent quality and passed the 'cute' test from my daughter.  We shopped our stash of supplies, which were all high quality bought on deep sales, and filled it up.  I told daughter's bestie's mom about the promo, so both girls helped other people AND get to spend time together at one of their favorite places and on the cheap.  Win-win!

One of our dance stores had a 20% off entire store sale.  Pointe shoes are expensive!  20% off helped a bit.  Daughter's bestie met us there, so we shopped with friends, saved a bit of money, and hit Chipotle for lunch with free kid meal passes from the library's summer reading program.

Yankee had a promo 'buy 1 medium, get 2 free'.  I got 3 candles for the price of 1 and checked 3 gifts off the Christmas List.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment