Friday, February 24, 2017

2/24 Firsts and Finals

Firsts
*Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream  This smelled amazing, but seemed very thin to me.  I passed it to my daughter, who loves it.  The scent though!  There is a body lotion, so I may purchase that in the future.
*Beauty Brands Smile! Juicy Mango shower gel  Smells fantastic in the shower, but sadly doesn't linger on the skin.
*Davines Authentic Replenishing Butter  Oh I love this!  The scent is heavenly.  It rubs into skin immediately and my legs felt soft all day.  This will be a splurge, but well worth it.  I have tried and love their Cleansing Nectar, also.  Together would make a great gift! ;)
*DevaCurl Wave Maker Touchable Texture Whip  I have a love/hate with this product.  My hair naturally has a bit of wave in it.  I apply a nickel-sized amount of product to damp hair, then let it air dry, scrunching now and then. My hair's natural wave is more pronounced, my hair is fuller and looks great in that totally fake 'I woke up like this' cute way.  I like that.  I don't like that it makes my hair so greasy the next morning that I *have* to wash it since I try not to wash my hair every day.  So I love it Day 1, but hate it on Day 2.
*Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Body Wash  LOVE!  So moisturizing.  It smells amazing, too.  The scent reminds me of the tanning oil we used to cook ourselves in the 80's. ;)
*philosopy Take a Deep Breath Oil-free Oxygenating Gel Cream  Very nice, absorbs quickly, left my face soft and glowy.
*W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara  This is apparently for people who like a VERY natural look, as I could barely tell it was on after three coats.  For $20+, I should see some results!  I'm glad this was a sample and I didn't waste any money on it.

Finals
*Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion  It's not awful, but it's not my favorite Aveda product.  The lotion is very thin, but doesn't seem to absorb well.  Of course, it smells amazing!
*LilaGrace Fresh Lavender Bath Salts  We found these on clearance, so they were fortunately cheap.  They smelled great in the jar, but nothing in the bath itself.  I'll stick to Dr. Teal's.
*TonyMoly Delight Tony Tint  I finished up this lip tint sample, but I'm not sad because I already have a back up.  I first tried this about a year ago in a BirchBox, loved it, and immediately bought the full-size version.  You use so little that I just finished the sample, so that full tube is going to last a decade!  It is build-able.  You can go sheer, like you just ate a popsicle, or full on vamp.  It really does last all day.

Faves  Olay body wash, Davines butter

Flops  W3LL PEOPLE mascara was a complete flop

No comments:

Post a Comment