Monday, April 10, 2017

4/10 Money Monday

Last week was a bit of a slow week here.

*I resisted the Ulta sale again, which was SO hard since my beloved Perversion was half-price.  I almost bought it, then remembered I have...ummm, a few still new mascaras to go through.  The sale will come around again, right?
*I'm one of the lucky ones that is receiving a month of free bagels from Panera.  They do this for members a few times a year and April is my lucky month.  I don't run out to get my free bagel, but if I'm out already I'll swing by.  My kids are enjoying the random chocolate chip bagels.
*On Wed I took my daughter to the Lego store for a free mini build.  While at the mall, I bought a big jar candle from Yankee for $28.  Not cheap, but that big jar lasts a long time and the new lemon scent is so fresh and clean smelling that I gave in.  Then I woke up on Thurs to an email with a BOGO coupon. ARGH  Seriously?  I had already promised my son I would take him to the other mall on Fri so he could spend a VStock GC, so I put my new candle in a bag and took it with me.  I 'returned' the one and 'bought' two, making that $28 go twice as far.  Yay for coupons!
*While out with just the one kid, I took him to Chik-fil-a for lunch.  That's not a cheap lunch out, but it is good and that $15 or so scored me an hour and major points with said son, making it well worth it in my book!  And I didn't buy during the Ulta sale, so I think I still came out ahead. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment