Friday, March 31, 2017

3/31 First and Finals

Firsts
*Buxom full-on lip polish in Dolly  Great color as a top coat!  A little tingle when you put it on, but in a good way. ;)  I didn't notice any plumping action, but it isn't sticky, which is a big plus.
*Dermdoctor Kakadu C intensive Vitamin C peel pad    I could see a difference when I used it, my face looked bright and fresh.  It's not drying, it doesn't burn, I like everything but the price.I will watch for a sale on these, definitely.
*elf HD under eye setting powder  This is okay, very take it or leave it for me.  It does set concealer, but I don't think it does any better than just regular powder.  It's only $3, so it's a good item to throw in if you need to hit a threshold at Ulta, imo.
*Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer  This is a gradual self-tanner you use after the shower, before drying off.  The color was not good on me, it was orangey, which is never a good look.
*YSL Glossy Stain  The color was dark in the pot, but super sheer on.  I used two coats and still could barely see it.  And it was sticky like molasses.  ALL day!  The color faded, but my lips were still sticky.  Hard pass on this!

Finals
*GlamGlow Powermud dual cleanse treatment  This has an odd smell to it, almost like not-quite-gone-bad produce.  It's not awful, but it's not good, either.  It goes on creamy, then dries in about 10 minutes like a clay mask.  When you rinse it off, it turns into an oily cleanser.  It leaves my face very soft and refreshed looking.
*Mario Badescu products  The company had an offer a few weeks back, complete a survey and they would send you samples of products tailored to you.  I haven't been without a bottle of the rosewater spray for years, so I decided to try a few more of the product line.  The samples were quite generous and I've used these for almost a week.
-Almond & Honey Face Scrub  Very gentle.  I'm not sure you can call it a 'scrub' when it has no scrubbing action.  The company even calls it 'non-abrasive'?  It is moisturizing.
-Aloe Lotion  I really liked this toner and would use it again.
-Buttermilk Moisturizer  Really feels good on the face.  It's a gorgeous blue color, which was a little surprising.  The smell is fresh and very light.  I liked this a lot.
-Dermonectin Eye Cream  This was also blue.  It absorbed very fast and didn't sting my eyes at all.  It was good at night, but too greasy for a day eye cream.
-Orange Cleansing Soap  Very creamy and gentle cleanser.
-Seaweed Night Cream  This was a gorgeous sea foam color.  Not the gross slimy green of actual seaweed, but more of a Disney-fied version.  It smells fresh, too.  I wouldn't call it a night 'cream', though.  This feels more like a night 'mask'.  It's not greasy, but it's thick and I can feel it on my face.  It did make me look like I got more sleep, which is good.  I think this would be a good product for winter for me, but not during the summer.  I do think it would be great for someone with dry skin, though.

Faves
* Buxom Dolly, Dermdoctor pads

Flops
* Jergens after shower tanner, YSL stain

No comments:

Post a Comment