Friday, March 3, 2017

3/3 Firsts and Finals

LOTS this week!

Firsts
*benefit it's potent eye cream  It's just okay, not worth the price for me.  The sample came in the most adorable little 1" jar. Gah! I'm a sucker for cute packaging.
*Dolce & Gabbana light blue eau de toilette  It's okay, almost too powdery for my taste, but it's not bad for a light scent.
*L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer  This made a big difference.  I used it with a few lack luster mascaras and it definitely upped their game.  With a power hitter, it looked like I was wearing lashes.
*Michael Kors Wonderlust  I like the scent, just not on me.  I would love it in candle form.  It's my new van-freshener. ;)
*Pixi Nourishing Lip Polish  This is great at night, it removes all trace of any lip product, exfoliates and leaves a nourishing oil to treat lips overnight. Pixi is earning its keep with me!
*Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair shampoo and conditioner  This is for 'heavily damaged hair'.  My hair is highlighted, but in good condition.  This shampoo/conditioner made my hair so shiny and soft.  I imagine if your hair is damaged, you would *really* notice a difference.  The bottles are cool looking, too.  The conditioner bottle is 'upside down', which as a blind-without-my-glasses person I really appreciate!
*Sephora Rose Cleansing Wipes  These smell amazing and make my skin happy, so win win.
*Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment  Splurge, splurge, splurge.  $175! Wow that cost!  Sephora sent samples, I didn't purchase because yikes!  The smell is awful, but it does make my skin glowy.  But that cost!!! lol  I like this, but at just over $100/oz, I don't think I'll ever be able to justify a purchase, even to myself.
*Ulta Makeup Removing Towel Set  I've debated on buying these for months.  I needed a little something to reach a purchase threshold so I finally added these to my order and I'm so glad I did.  They are amazing!  They are so soft, but work like demons.  I often wear lip stain and I wear a lot of mascara.  This little cloth took it all off with just water and no scrubbing.  I was shocked.  I could travel with just these.  I won't, because I don't travel light, but I *could*.  I feel like buying these for all my friends.
*Ulta Sensitive Skin Facial Cleansing Towelettes  These are SO moist, I need to wipe my face after using the wipe.  They also were terrible at removing eye makeup.  These are a hard pass from me.
*Urban Decay Perversion  Love this mascara.  Super dark, lush, doesn't clump.  And over the Voluminous primer? WOW!  UD says you can reapply after work before heading out at night and it still won't clump.  I tried it, true.  So I put it to the ultimate test.  I applied several coats in the morning, another coat before heading out in the evening, then did not wash it off at night.  I know!  But science!  It still looked good in the morning, very minimal smudging.  Then I applied another coat, like 24 hours after the first coat.  No clumping!  HG status right here.

Finals
*Dessange Purifying Clay shampoo  This was interesting.  If I washed and immediately rinsed my hair, it just looked normal.  If I washed, left the suds on for the rest of my shower, then rinsed at the end, my hair had lots of volume.
*Exuviance Daily Antioxidant Peel pads  There was a little tingle to show it was working and my face felt tight the rest of the evening.  The next morning my skin looked fantastic, without makeup.  That price, though! sigh
*Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 104  I don't know when I've actually finished a lipstick before it dried out or I tired of it.  This has been my go-to MLBB, leave in the handbag lip for a very long time.  It's finally down to the metal cap.  RIP #104  I will be repurchasing.
*Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair unscented  This has a permanent spot on my nightstand.  It's perfect for nights when my skin feel extra dry.  It absorbs quickly, heals the dryness.

Faves
*L'Oreal primer, Perversion, Pixi lip polish, Rimmel 104, Schwarzkopf Gliss, Sephora rose wipes, Ulta towels, Vaseline lotion

Flops
* Ulta towelettes

No comments:

Post a Comment