Friday, March 10, 2017

3/10 Firsts and Finals

Firsts
*Chanel le Lift eye concentrate  Sadly, I love this.  'Sadly' because it's $115 for .5 oz.  That's just not in my budget....at all...not even close.  However, it IS fantastic, so if you can afford $200+/oz eye cream go for it!  It absorbs quickly, moisturizes, and does have a slight lifting action.  I'm stretching this sample until it squeaks. lol
*Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant  This is so unique.  It's a powder that you mix with a bit of water to form a paste that you then scrub your face with.  I tried the 'super' version thanks to the lady at Ulta.  It definitely exfoliates and cleanses your skin.  I will not use this daily, though, it's powerful.  My face feels clean, but tight after using.  I suspect the 'micro' version is less intense.  A little of the powder goes a long way, so this product will last quite a while.  Little side benefit, you can easily travel with this as it's in powder form.
*Dr. Jart+ Liftra contour cream  It absorbs quickly.  I don't notice any 'lifting' action, but my face does feel tighter.  For the price, though, I will not be repurchasing.
*Dove Refresh+Care dry shampoo  This was a great surprise.  It smells fantastic, works very well, and is cheaper than other favorites.  I will definitely repurchase.
*GRATiAE Replenishing Eye Cream  This smelled very chemically, which is not something I want around my eyes.  It didn't blend well, either.  At $245/oz, this is a very hard pass for me.
*Juice Beauty stem cellular CC cream   This CC cream was okay, not bad, not great.  It comes out of the tube *very* thick, but spreads and blends easily.  Surprisingly, considering how thick it is, this isn't full coverage.  I don't like mask-like full coverage, so I like the fact that my freckles show through.  If you prefer full coverage, this isn't for you.  It wears well, lasts all day.  I would repurchase, if it's 50% off, but not at full retail.  I do love the scent.  It reminds me of a scent that I used in jr high that was only available at a now gone department store, herbal and citrusy.  I would love a lotion in this scent!
*Neutrogena Hydro Boost Lip Shine  It might be moisturizing, but it's so sticky that I won't wear it enough to find out.  I got this in the last Target Beauty Box and was excited to see a lip color I would actually wear.  The color Radiant Rose is gorgeous in the tube, but invisible on me.  I've passed it to my super pale daughter who doesn't mind sticky gloss, so it's a win for her.
*NuFACE Prep n Glow dual-sided cloth  Nope.  The wet side was fine, but the 'textured' side felt like hard plastic rubbing across my face.  I'm sure it does exfoliate, but I very much disliked the process.
*Raw Sugar body wash in coconut mango  This smells like a beach vacation to me.  The wash itself is moisturizing.  At $7 for 25 oz, it's a good price, too.  I will repurchase at some point.
*Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream  This does help with puffy eyes first thing in the morning and does have a bit of a cooling sensation.  I would purchase at 50% off, but don't think it's worth full retail ($45 for .49 oz).  I didn't have enough of a sample to see a difference as far as dark circles or wrinkles.
*Soap & Glory Face Soap & Clarity Face Wash This is truly a morning face wash.  It smells so vibrant and wakes you up that I wouldn't use it at night.  It makes my face feel fresh and clean.
*tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in WCW  This color is a very deep berry, so I don't actually use it as a gloss, I use it as a stain.  The application is tricky, it can be patchy so you have to be very precise.  As a gloss, it wears off in a couple of hours.  As a stain, it lasts more like 4-5 hours.  It's not my favorite, but I'm not going to throw it out.

Finals
*Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub  Billed as 'facial for hands', this scrub is supposed to cleanse and exfoliate.  It felt good to use and my hands felt soft after.  I've had it a long time as you only use a small amount.
*Julep Age Defying Hand Brightener  Lotion to use after Hand Scrub.  No better or worse than other hand lotions, nothing special.


Faves
*Dove dry shampoo, Raw Sugar body wash, Soap & Glory face wash

Flops
* GRATiAE eye cream, Neutrogena gloss, NuFACE cloth

No comments:

Post a Comment