Monday, October 2, 2017

10/2 Money Monday

I took my younger two to the zoo for one of the final days of the stingray exhibit.  STL Zoo is free....mostly.  Admission is free, but parking is $15, visiting the stingrays is $3/person, etc.  It's good to know that the exhibits/areas that have a charge are free during the first hour of the day.  Naturally, we always go first thing in the morning.  We parked on the street instead of the lot.  Yes, we walked a bit (maybe 1/4 mile) farther, but FREE.  We got there during the first hour the zoo was open, so the stingrays were FREE.  I did pay $1 for a cup of fish for my son to feed the stingrays, because that is just super cool to do. lol  We strolled the gift shops and each smashed a penny, which is a tradition.  All in all, we spent $2.02 and had a very lovely 3 hours together, making memories.  After our zoo time, we stopped at QuikTrip for pretzels for each of us and a big soda for each of them.  I had a coupon for one free soda, so our bill was just under $7.  For under 10 bucks, I am calling this outing a very solid win.


No comments:

Post a Comment