Monday, July 10, 2017

7/10 Money Monday

I received my check from Shop at Home.  $23.53 added to the savings account.

My Ibotta account had a balance of $20+ after last week's rebates went in.  You can only cash out when your account is $20, so I took out $20 and left the rest as a head start on the next cash out.  That goes to our Paypal account.

My son's laptop died.  I had a coupon for a free diagnostic at Office Depot.  It's the hard drive and was going to be $310 to fix it.  No, thank you.  My husband went on eBay to buy a new hard drive that he will install himself.  After eBay bucks sitting in the account from a previous purchase and $20 in Paypal from Ibotta, the new hard drive was under $10 cash out of pocket.  That is a MUCH better price.

Our AC unit also died.  Specifically the capacitor died on July 4th.  I was planning on a huge bill.  I wasn't happy about that, but it's HOT here and no AC was a NO go zone.  When the repair guy came, he called the company and verified that the part was still under warrant so the repair cost was under $200. Yay!  Not cheap, but cheaper than planned, and considered a necessary splurge right now.

I cashed in some MyPoints points for Barnes and Noble GCs, which I used to purchase a book for my daughter's birthday.  I love shopping for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment