Friday, February 3, 2017

Firsts, Finals, Faves

I just got a sizable order from Ulta.  As I started to put away my new goodies, I realized I have a LOT of sample products.  Because Ulta. and Sephora. and Target beauty boxes.  I'm not admitting I have a problem, just that I'm running out of space.  I'm going to start listing out products I use in an effort to force myself to not hoard.

Firsts

*Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser  I noticed smaller pores the very first time I used it.  After a week, my pores are almost invisible.  So it works and it works well.

*Nip+Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Pads  I got these in my last Ulta haul and they're still on sale, buy 1 get 1 40% off.  I have used Nip+Fab's glycolic pads in the past and liked them so I took a leap and ordered the Dragon's Blood version.  I'm so glad I did.  They make my skin feel and look refreshed.  Plus I admit that it feels pretty bad-ass to use 'dragon's blood' on my face.

*Grove Collaborative hand cream in Bergamot Orange  I love the smell of this cream.  Sadly, it's not very fast absorbing and my hands feel greasy for about an hour after I put it on.  It would be good for a night-time hand cream except the orange smells so fresh that it's energizing.  I will still use it, but not when I've got things to do.  This will be a 'reading in the afternoon' hand cream until I finish it up and I will not be repurchasing.

Finals

*Juice Organics repairing shampoo and conditioner.  I liked this okay, but did not love.  The shampoo smelled amazing.  If I skipped the conditioner, my normal-to-dry hair was happier.  If I used the conditioner, my hair looked greasy the next day.  I won't be buying, but would use more free samples if they came my way.

*it Confidence in a Cream  This I liked a lot.  I found that if I used it every day, it was too much and my skin would feel oily, but alternating it with Clinique every other day worked very well.  This one will find itself back in my routine in the future.

Faves
I'm definitely loving the Dr. Brandt and Dragon's Blood combo.  They're both going to stay around for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment