Friday, February 10, 2017

2/10 Firsts and Finals

Firsts
*Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub This felt gritty, but wasn't too harsh.  It smells lemony, very nice first thing in the morning.  My skin feels so soft after using it.  It's pricey, but I will watch for a sale.

*it Cosmetics CC+ Cream  This smells terrific, which is odd to say about a CC cream.  It's quite fresh and lemony.  But the coverage was mask-like on me.  They say a little goes a long way, so I used a little and blended like a demon.  It was still too much.  It did last all day without fading.  I didn't like that I could feel it on my skin and it looked flat and unnatural.  The line was designed to cover redness and rosacea.  I think if you have those issues, it would work well for you.

*it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye  This concealer is so thick!  I have heard to use a dot, warm it with your fingers, and blend well.  I tried.  By the time it was 'blended', my foundation was rubbed off.  It is definitely full coverage and lasted all day.

*MAC Zoom Lash Mascara  It's lengthening, but not volumizing.  The mascara formula gives a very natural lash look.  I got it in the color plum.  The color is very subtle on my dark lashes.  It's fun and cute, but it's not for me.  It's actually for my daughter and it looks fantastic on her light lashes and blue eyes.

Finals

*Dove Dry Oil Moisture body wash   Isn't 'dry oil moisture' an odd name for a body wash you use in the shower?  I normally like Dove body wash and was an early adopter of Moroccan oil, so I was looking forward to this.  It's a miss, though.  It is moisturizing, but it doesn't have that great Moroccan oil smell and it has tiny moisture beads which I do not like.  I will not be rebuying this.

*Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment  I think there's unicorn tears in here.  I used it only on my ends, but my hair had more volume and was softer all over.  I truly don't know how that happened.  It is rather pricey per ounce, but I will buy on sale.

*Origins High-Potency Night-a-Mins skin refining oil  I love the cream and was excited to try the oil.  After using it for several nights, I don't see any reason to buy the oil in the future.  It's very thin, almost watery in consistency, and I notice zero difference after using it.  I don't hate it, but for $43 I think I should be able to tell I used it.

Faves

*Nudestix Intense Matte Lip+Cheek in Belle  Husband got me this for Christmas.  I love the color, it's a perfect MLBB shade.  I love how easy it is to put on, even on the go without a mirror.  I've worn it every day this week.  I'm going to have to rebuy this one.  It will be great in the summer because it won't melt, but I'm loving it so much this one won't make it that far.

Flops
Both it Cosmetics products I tried this week were a total miss for me.  I'm glad they were both samples, not retail. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment